Dolpages:Today's featured article/March 21, 2021
- Brazil's National Institute for Space Research announces that it has detected more than 75,000 wildfires in the country (satellite rendering shown) since January, at least 40,000 of which have occurred in the Amazon rainforest.
- At least 80 people are killed and 160 others injured in a bombing at a wedding in Kabul, Afghanistan.
- All 233 people on board Ural Airlines Flight 178 survive a crash following bird strikes in both engines of an Airbus A321.
- The Indian Space Research Organisation loses contact with Chandrayaan-2's Vikram lunar lander approximately 2.1 kilometres (1.3 mi) above the Moon's surface.
- Former Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe (pictured) dies at the age of 95.
- A fire aboard a charter boat near Santa Cruz Island in California leaves at least thirty-three people dead and one other missing.
- Hurricane Dorian makes landfall in the Bahamas as a Category 5 hurricane, killing at least 30 people and leaving hundreds of others missing.